Detailed decor projects can be downright SCARY! Here are some simple Halloween decor ideas that you can easily create… some taking just minutes!
Spooky Cheesecloth Ghost
- styrofoam balls,
- wood dowels,
- large empty soda bottle,
- craft glue,
- googly eyes,
- wire or cardboard paper towel holder covered in plastic wrap.
- I’d also grab an old towel to protect your work surface.
- Insert the wood dowel into the styrofoam ball
- Stick dowel, with ball on top, into your bottle. This keeps the dowel upright while working on it.
- If you want arms on your ghost, twist wire around dowel and extend out to the length and shape you want. OR wrap the cardboard paper towel holder in plastic wrap and set aside.
- Drape cheesecloth over your form to get an idea of how much you need. If you want the ghost to be tattered looking, cut the edges of the cheesecloth. Put cheesecloth into the bowl and saturate completely. Gently squeeze out excess. Do not wring.
- Drape the cheesecloth over your form one layer at a time. Shape the folds the way you want them. If you decided to go the “paper towel roll” route for the arms, wedge the cardboard roll under the cheesecloth where desired.
- Let it dry overnight. Add the “googly eyes” with craft glue.